From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] vmware-player cannot start any virtual machines [solved]
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 14:26:31
1 Hi,
2
3 After upgrading to nvidia-drivers-331.13 I could no longer start any
4 virtual machines in vmware-player (version 5.0.2.1031769). It would
5 either close the vmware player application immediately without any
6 message, or would tell me "The virtual machine is busy". No
7 combination of rebuilding vmware modules, rebooting, moving virtual
8 machines, etc. would work.
9
10 Finally I considered what has changed recently, and identified
11 nvidia-drivers. Downgrading it back down to version 325.15 made
12 everything start working normally again. Just thought I would post
13 here in case anyone else runs into the same problem.
14
15 Thanks,
16 Paul