From: Dan Johansson <dan@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "Application Menu" missing on Desktop after KDE/Plasma update from 5.16.5 to 5.17.4
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 09:17:47
1 On 28.12.19 09:18, Dale wrote:
2 > Dan Johansson wrote:
3 >> On 27.12.19 22:53, Dale wrote:
4 >> I'll try and create a new user and see what happens...
5 >>
6 >> I'll be back (with the results).
9 > Trying a different/new user will give the same results.  Renaming the
10 > config files to .old or something then testing will allow you to go back
11 > if it doesn't help.  You just rename and remove .old.  Just delete the
12 > new one first.  Still, either way will work.  I have a dale2 user just
13 > for that purpose I might add.
14 >
15 > Given everything is there, I'm not sure what to try next.  I was hoping
16 > someone else would have a idea.
17
18 Bad news (for me) (;-)
19
20 I created a new user and for this user everything works as it should -
21 now I just have to figure out the best way to somehow recreate my
22 personalized setup after moving the old configuration out of the way.
23
24 Greetings,
25 --
26 Dan Johansson
28 This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!