From: michael higgins <linux@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] My Rosegarden Woes
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 18:19:52
1 On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 11:30:10 -0600
2 Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I emerged rosegarden the other day. When it starts up it tells me that
5 > the MIDI sequencer could not be started. I've been working with the
6 > rosegarden-user mailing list to work through this problem. They had me
7 > send them some debug information and now they tell me that the problem
8 > is with my snd-seq-midi module. I use alsa-driver because I couldn't
9 > get my sound card to work with alsa compiled into the kernel. They've
10 > never heard of alsa-driver. They recommended that I take this new
11 > development to you. How can I get alsa-driver to give me a working
12 > snd-seq-midi module? My /etc/modules.d/alsa is thus:
13 >
14 > camille ~ # cat /etc/modules.d/alsa
15 > #------------------------------
16 > alias /dev/mixer snd-mixer-oss
17 > alias /dev/dsp snd-pcm-oss
18 > alias /dev/midi snd-seq-oss
19 >
20 > # Set this to the correct number of cards.
21 > # --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
22 > # --- ALSACONF version 1.0.10rc2 ---
23 > alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
24 > alias sound-slot-0 snd-hda-intel
25 > # --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
26 >
27 > options snd-hda-intel model=3stack position_fix=2
28 > #-------------------------------
29 >
30 > I'll be happy to send any other information you need to help me solve
31 > this problem...
35 I've been lurking on that list as well... I have everything working, but I'm not sure about your problem. I have everything alsa compiled in my kernel. However, I think there's a package for the alsa oss stuff... have you installed that as well? I believe those modules only get loaded via modules.d/alsa when they are present.
36
37 * media-libs/alsa-oss
38 Available versions: 1.0.8-r1 ~1.0.9 1.0.10_rc2 1.0.10_rc3 ~1.0.10
39 Installed: none
40 Homepage: http://www.alsa-project.org/
43 Do you have this installed? Again, just a guess.
44
45 HTH.
50 | |ichael | |iggins \^ /
51 michael.higgins[at]evolone[dot]org