From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: maybe [OT]: how to make new dictionaries work on Firefox 9?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 17:50:40
1 On 22/02/12 13:55, frares@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Hi, All
3 >
4 > I have had problems installing new dictionaries in Firefox since I left
5 > the old 3.X series. Now, on FF 9.0, it is still the same.
6 >
7 > I am able to install a new dictionary, just can't use it. I even tried
8 > and installed a manual and an auto dictionary switcher, and the new
9 > dictionary does not even appear on their list of available dictionaries.
10 >
11 > Am I missing something?
12
13 For some weird reason, Firefox as packaged by Gentoo doesn't support
14 dictionaries. It only supports hunspell (or aspell, can't remember)
15 which you need to install first along with dictionaries for it. After
16 you do that, you will get a gazillion of English dictionaries that you
17 can't disable. You'll need to live with it, since no one cares about
18 this bug.