From: Marcin Niskiewicz <mniskiewicz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [postfix - bug?] error in master.cf - problem with restart
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 10:03:10
1 Hello
2 I noticed that when someone makes an error in master.cf (for example write
3 anything at the beginning of the file) and then restart postfix there is a
4 problem:
5
6 postfix is stopped (that's ok), then it should be started but it isn't (in
7 log something like
8 postfix/master[1649]: fatal: /etc/postfix/master.cf: line 4: bad transport
9 type:
10 ==========================================================================)
11 and there is no error shown on console ( echo $? - shows 0 )
12
13 and then when we try to restart (or start) postfix again - we can't - unless
14 we delete /var/lib/init.d/started/postfix file (it's not deleted while
15 restarting)
16
17 is it a bug or we're doing sth wrong?!
18
19 equery list | grep postfix
20 mail-mta/postfix-2.5.5
21