From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: intel-microcode with systemd
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 02:34:14
1 On 2017-01-29 19:12, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > That's odd, I just tried it with my kernel config (4.1.35) and it
4 > > lets me set it as a module.
5 >
6 > I should have mentioned I am on the latest stable
7 > gentoo-sources-4.4.39 here and have of course disabled OpenRC and
8 > enabled systemd. The whole MacBook thing (plus now installing Gnome
9 > for the first time ever) feels like Iike I'm trying to learn how to
10 > write with my left hand ...
11
12 I have an upstream 4.4.45 kernel (latest in the longterm series) and I
13 can confirm that the microcode loading feature can only be built-in in
14 this version.
17 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
18 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
19 Don't clear-text sign: http://cr.yp.to/smtp/8bitmime.html