From: JM <jmurray315@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any bought a laptop that "Just Works"?
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 18:52:28
1 My Acer Aspire One worked with very few modifications.
2
3 Picked up my wifi card and usb camera (the one in the lid is actually usb),
4 sound card and intel graphics driver (though I haven't yet tried X, only
5 framebuffer, but I get framebuffer in 1024 by 768 on it). Touchpad works
6 fine with gpm mouse driver.
7
8 Bit of a cheapo netbook but if flies under gentoo, while it was pretty slow
9 under windows. dual core intel Atom.
10
11 just out of curiosity I also tried the the pixielive cd which runs X for the
12 intel gma graphics chip and is based on gentoo - it gave me full native res
13 with little or now slowdown - I think it uses the poulsbo driver (or some
14 similar name), overall, installing gentoo was painless - the worst
15 experience I had was trying to map my windows key to CTRL-A for use in
16 screen, still haven't managed it!
17