From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Grub2, uefi, gpt etc etc
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 16:01:20
1 Am 14.07.2012 11:25, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
2 > Am 14.07.2012 10:57, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
3 >
4 >>>> It *works* so far, still some polishing to do ... but I am quite happy
5 >>>> with the situation.
6 >
7 > What has to be polished:
8 >
9 > All this migration left quite some traces. I had grub and grub2, the
10 > EFI-stuff now in /boot/efi ... etc ... and now I have the situation
11 > where GRUB2 somehow reads the wrong grub.cfg or something. For example
12 > if I try to toggle using a font (for testing) it doesn't get read at
13 > boot time. Even if I re-announce(?) GRUB2 to UEFI etc.
14
15 OK, tested things, that grub.cfg gets read.
16
17 But as I set
18
19 GRUB_PLATFORMS="efi-64"
20
21 there are other modules/features/commands available at boottime, for
22 example also other/less videomodes, at least here.
23
24 (vbeinfo does not exist then, and other things you get when you emerge
25 grub with GRUB_PLATFORMS="pc". Also booting isos does not work with the
26 same commands then, no "linux16" command, for example)
27
28 I hesitate to re-emerge with "pc" just to get a different screen
29 resolution at boot-time ... right now everything is working OK for me,
30 and I rather wait for some feedback here before I go and crash things
31 again ;-)
32
33 There are quite a lot howtos out there, maybe even too much ... with
34 slight differences ...
35
36 Stefan