From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT virtual stuff] gentoo vm appliance
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 11:48:21
1 On Thursday 23 June 2011 07:18:38 Albert Hopkins wrote:
2 > On Thursday, June 23 at 09:54 (+0200), Joost Roeleveld said:
3 > > > Any such program to build XenServer appliances (.xva) ?
4 > >
5 > > Shouldn't it work similarly?
6 > > Eg. start an appliance and install using the stage4?
7 > >
8 > > I use Xen directly and as long as I can create and fill the partitions
9 > > for the
10 > > VM, any "creation" tool should work.
11 >
12 > Yes the stage4 should work similarly. However Pandu was asking about
13 > building ".xva" which I know nothing about, unless an .xva is similar
14 > to/same as a stage4 (I have no idea)?
15
16 .xva is a format specifically for Citrix Xen.
17
18 There are tools to convert "classic" Xen VMs to "xva" files:
19 http://www.xen.org/files/xva/README
20
21 I would be willing to assist in getting this tool to work with your program.
22 All I'd need is a copy of your program along with assistance from Pandu Poluan
23 to test the resulting XVA files.
24
25 I do not run Citrix XenServer and have no need for it as Xen itself works fine
26 for me.
29 Joost