From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT?} What happened to iexplore in wine?
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 19:56:49
1 On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 05:34:35 -0800, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >>>>> I haven't used wine's /usr/bin/iexplore to test a website in IE for
3 a
4 >>>>> while, and now it looks like that binary is no longer installed.
5 >>>>>  Does
6 >>>>> anyone know how to get it, or if there is a replacement of some
7 sort?
8 >>>>> I looked at the files installed by wine in /usr/bin but didn't see
9 >>>>> anything.
10 >>>
11 >>> Great site, I will use that a lot.
12 >>>
13 >>> The nice thing about iexplore is it lets you interact with the
14 >>> browser, and some pages I need to test are the result of a POST.
15 >>>
16 >>> My memory failed me before.  iexplore is run like this:
17 >>>
18 >>> wine iexplore www.example.com
19 >>>
20 >>> For me the window it loads is blank though.  Is it working for anyone
21 >>> else?
22 >>
23 >> I didn't know this command, it works well for me.
24 >>
25 >> Boris
26 >
27 > It's working for me now too. I just needed to wait a while for it to
28 > fully load.
29 >
30 > - Grant
31
32 That's not the MS Internet Explorer. If you are using it to check your
33 site compatibility with MSIE then you are doing it wrong. If you want MSIE,
34 you have to install MSIE.
35 --
36 Jesús Guerrero