From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 12:16:12
1 On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 12:57:40 +0200
2 Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi> wrote:
3
4 > I agree. I think it is arrogant to disturb lots of people that have
5 > done nothing to deserve it. People should be let to choose them self
6 > what they wanna do with their lives. If they wish to disengage some
7 > conversation, let them. Don't send them spam.
8
9 spam is send to a large number of recipients; I don't see how what is
10 discussing here is doing that, apart from extending this discussion.
11 It's not arrogant; it's a technical difference, which sets up different
12 approaches. That's why developers are requested to follow the etiquette.
13
14 > The ones who wish to participate will stay on the list and the ones
15 > seeking for an answer can browse the archives.
16
17 People that participate maybe are on the list and the ones seeking
18 for an answer might browse the archives.
19
20 > Please respect other people.
21
22 Here's something that works for the both of us: Request someone to not
23 CC you in a follow-up mail when you catch them do it, they'll respect
24 that; that's a guarantee that we can be certain that you are subscribed.
25
26 That way; you respect that I want to spent my time to be guaranteed to
27 be useful, I respect that you don't want to be CC-ed in follow-up mails.
28
29 Similarly; if someone is off-list; it takes a single mail to keep me
30 from sending additional mails. As it clarifies a disengagement; that
31 unsubscribing is meant to be a disengagement, I can't find that rule...
34 With kind regards,
35
36 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
37 Gentoo Developer
38
39 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
40 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
41 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D