From: Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] automated install || stage4? rapid deployment?
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 00:13:56
1 > I'm curious how other sysadmins rapidly deploy a slew of new Gentoo
2 > systems? In this case I'm setting up many dozens of Gentoo servers
3 > inside of VMware ESX and having to destroy and redeploy said systems
4 > regularly.
5 >
6 > The "hardware" (virtual, of course) varies ever so slightly, so
7 > cloning (via ESX or dd) is not an option.
8
9 Different hardware shouldn't preclude this approach. Just make sure all the relevant modules are built and the OS should load what it needs.