From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Relocating notification popup KDE-4.5
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:00:50
1 On Tuesday 30 November 2010, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Apparently, though unproven, at 09:35 on Tuesday 30 November 2010, Volker
3 >
4 > Armin Hemmann did opine thusly:
5 > > On Monday 29 November 2010, Alan McKinnon wrote:
6 > > > Such a simple thing and I cannot find how to do it.
7 > > >
8 > > > KDE-4.5, I have a panel at the bottom with a systray over on the right
9 > > > edge. I run konsole on the right half of the screen, and the plasmoid
10 > > > notification popup is right above where the current command is being
11 > > > typed.
12 > > >
13 > > > So I want to move the popup somewhere else like maybe top right of
14 > > > screen (without having to fiddle with plasmoids on the desktop and
15 > > > other nonsense which I don't grok)
16 > > >
17 > > > I cannot find how to do this :-( Maybe it's a theme thing, I use
18 > > > Elegance, but I recall not being able to do this either with the
19 > > > default theme long ago.
20 > >
21 > > notification is part of sys-tray. So to move the notifications you have
22 > > to move the systray plasmoid. Just unlock plasmoids, left click on the
23 > > cashew on the toolbar and you can move around all the plasmoids.
24 >
25 > Hmmm. What if my usual usage is ALL screen space occupied by apps ALL THE
26 > TIME? How do I see some popup on the desktop if the entire desktop is
27 > covered by window.
28 >
29 > And I WANT the systray in the panel at bottom right. I also want to tell
30 > the plasmoid to put it's popup somewhere else, not in the default place.
31 >
32 > Am I asking for the impossible?
33
34 no,
35
36 there is a notification plasmoid. You can put it whereever you want on your
37 desktop and you can remove the one running in systray. You can also configure
38 if there is a popup or not.