From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel configuration problems
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 19:51:28
1 On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 19:32:06 -0500
2 Jeff Cranmer <jcranmer01@×××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > I am presently having problems compiling suspend2 kernel 2.6.22.
5 > It compiles with genkernel, but if I try to use make and customise a
6 > special kernel, it will not find my hard drive. The error message
7 > reports that the ide-cdrom on hda is the only drive present.
8 >
9 > The computer is a Toshiba L45-7409 laptop.
10 > Can anyone offer me any guidance as to which kernel options to
11 > engage, whether to use modules or compiled-in, etc.
12 >
13 > Thanks
14 >
15 > Jeff
16
17 Is the IDE cdrom drive on the same controller as the hard drive?
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list