From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new machine : DVD drive
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 12:26:52
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 12:19:23 +0100, Mick wrote:
4 >
5 > > Given your adoption rate of new technology I suggest you consider
6 > > buying a BluRay player if not recorder, because I don't know how long
7 > > it will be before DVDs become obsolete too. Unfortunately BluRay
8 > > devices were out of my price range last time I bought hardware to
9 > > justify paying the extra, so I can't recommend any.
10 >
11 > Bluray recorders are still expensive, as is the media. I have a
12 > Samsung drive that does BD-ROM and DVD+/-R* and it just works.
13
14 the media is affordable now....they (BD-R 25 GB) start at 1.5 Euro.
15 So this is less than the equivalent price per GB on a DVD.
16
17 Drives are still 2-3x as "expensive" than a DVD writer.
18
19 Jörg
22 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
23 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)