From: Michael Kjorling <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] root password gremlin
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:49:35
1 On 2005-11-17 20:17 +0100, alvcastro@×××××.es wrote:
2 > I KNOW my password. And I also tried the 2 techniques
3 > for changing it (the init="/bin/sh" in the bootloader
4 > and chrooting from the live-cd). I change them
5 > succesfully but it still doesn't work!
6
7 Check to make sure the console is listed in /etc/securetty, otherwise
8 you won't be able to log in as root directly. (However, you can log in
9 as a normal user and then use `su'.)
12 Michael Kjörling, michael@××××××××.com - http://michael.kjorling.com/
13 * ASCII Ribbon Campaign: Against HTML Mail, Proprietary Attachments *
14 * ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *