From: Robert S <robert.spam.me.senseless@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Konqueror/KDE3.4.1/udev - media:/ won't browse removable usb devices
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:59:27
11 I'm able to access my usb drive using a device icon on my desktop -
12 the drive mounts automatically if I click on this. Also - some of my
13 usb devices are listed as "hard drives" and there is no "safely
14 remove" option when I right click on them.
15
16 Here is the relevant part of /etc/udev/rules.d/10-udev.rules:
17 BUS="scsi", SYSFS{model}="Flash Disk ", SYSFS{vendor}="USB ",
18 NAME="%k", SYMLINK="usbdrive"
19
20 .. and here is the relevant part of /etc/fstab:
21
22 /dev/usbdrive /mnt/usb vfat rw,noauto,user
23 0 0
24
25 Have I not installed something vital?
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list