From: Phil Sexton <philsexton@×××××××.Net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Generic 2 monitor/2 keyboard question
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:21:57
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > My dad had raised the question recently about getting my mom, now
4 > 76,using Linux. We went down the path of looking for a new machine but
5 > decided to put it off until after Christmas. I recently started
6 > wondering about using a single computer for two separate people. Can X
7 > do this?
8
9 Can you get an older computer to use as a "thin client"?
10
11 This link is to a distribution for a school to use one pretty
12 good computer and a bunch of dumb terminals. You might be able
13 to adapt the description of what it does to gentoo rather than
14 the distro(s) it is based upon.
15
16 http://www.k12ltsp.org/
19 Phil