From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE3 k-menu: hotkey not working after renaming of mozilla-firefox-bin package
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 08:56:58
1 Am Sonntag, 17. Januar 2010 schrieb Frank Steinmetzger:
2 > Hi group
3 >
4 > I have set up my firefox item in k-menu to be launched via Win+Z. A short
5 > while ago, mozilla-firefox-bin was renamed to only firefox-bin. At first,
6 > the shortcut wasn’t visible anymore until I changed its command manually to
7 > firefox-bin¹. But since then also, the shortcut doesn’t work anymore. I
8 > deleted and reassigned it. I even deleted the menu item and created it anew
9 > (always with saving the menu between each step to apply all changes). But
10 > to no avail. Any idea what’s going wrong here?
11 >
12 > Thanks
13
14 It’s funny and embarrassing at the same time that in a third of my problems, I
15 find the solution myself five seconds after asking somewhere. :o)
16
17 There were now two entries in Control Centre’s Key combinations -> Entries of
18 the menu editor. I had to delete the now orphaned one of the old firefox
19 entry.
20 --
21 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
22 Never argue with an idiot.
23 He brings you down to his level, then beats you with experience.