From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] multi-region OCR
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 17:34:39
1 On November 30, 2016 6:03:36 PM GMT+01:00, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 10:43:13 AM J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >> On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 11:18:36 PM karl@××××××××.se wrote:
4 >> > Michael Mol:
5 >> > ...
6 >> >
7 >> > > xsane would have let me do it during the scan process if I'd
8 >thought of
9 >> > > it
10 >> > > then, but the scans are done, drives aren't there any more.
11 >Something
12 >> >
13 >> > ...
14 >> >
15 >> > If xsane solves your need why don't you just print your scans so
16 >xsane
17 >> > can do its job ?
18 >>
19 >> There has to be a way to do this without killing an entire forest...
20 >
21 >And big chunks of ink cartridges. The scans stretched the contrast so I
22 >can
23 >clearly read the drive labels through the translucent anti-static bags,
24 >which
25 >means a huge chunk of the image (what's outside the labels) is pure
26 >black.
27 >
28 >Which I could get around by spending fifteen minutes munging things in
29 >the Gimp
30 >before printing, but at that point, I may as well just transcribe
31 >things
32 >manually at that point.
33 >
34 >Looking for something reasonably simple to improve the general
35 >workflow. I'd
36 >have hoped something would have already been available on Linux; it'd
37 >be easy
38 >enough to copy the scans to my phone and feed them through Google
39 >Goggles for
40 >the desired output, but then I'm deliberately filtering company data
41 >through an
42 >outside entity.
43
44 Did you manage to use that link I sent?
47 Joost
48 --
49 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.