From: Francesco Talamona <ti.liame@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Howto Encrypt a USB-key [gentoo-windows]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 05:48:20
1 On Tuesday 25 July 2006 01:50, Javier wrote:
2 > Hi there,
3 >
4 > now I'm working on some projects and I store all files in a usb key.
5 > I have the necessity of encrypt the data. The problem is this data
6 > have to be accessible from windows workstations and linux
7 > workstations. In the windows workstations there is no problem of
8 > installing things as admin but in the linux machine I have no root
9 > access.
10 >
11 > I only have found a solution but is very ugly, encrypt each file
12 > using gpg. There is a better choice?
13 >
14 > Thanks in advance,
15 > Javier
16 http://luks.endorphin.org/masses
17
18 ciao
19 Francesco
20 --
21 Linux Version 2.6.17-gentoo-r4, Compiled #1 PREEMPT Mon Jul 24 07:52:46
23 One 1GHz AMD Athlon 64 Processor, 2GB RAM, 2004.90 Bogomips Total
24 aemaeth
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list