From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel config thingy, "make menuconfig"
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 14:44:22
1 On Sat, 2022-01-15 at 22:38 +0800, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > Dear all,
3 > I'm in the process of fiddling around with the config of my kernel.
4 > This means using the "menu config thingy" that "make menuconfig"
5 > builds. It is very frustrating. Does anyone know why stuff is not in
6 > alphabetical order? It's a pain in the clacka trying to find some of the
7 > entries. For example "Device Drivers -> Android". You would expect it to
8 > be near the top of the device drivers, but no, it's near the bottom.
12 You can use "/" to search from within the menu, and the results will
13 include a "Location" that shows the path through the menu tree.