From: Gary Golden <mail@××××××××××.me>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo + NetworkManager Applet + Modem ZTE MF180
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 18:55:59
1 Try option kernel driver.
2 Can you see it with lsusb?
3 Is there any /dev/ttyUSB* ?
4
5 ---
6
7 Gary Golden
8
9 On 12/14/2010 11:03 PM, Carlos Sura wrote:
10 > Hello mates,
11 >
12 > I'm on a Gentoo Box (my laptop) and I have a usb modem (ZTE MF180), but
13 > it just don't work with my Gentoo Box, I've been searching in Google and
14 > I found this: http://christian.amsuess.com/tutorials/zte_mf180/
15 >
16 > I tried, but, I ejected my cdrom and even my usb modem (eject /dev/sr1)
17 > and none of this worked for me.
18 >
19 > Does anyone have this Modem working on Gentoo Linux? if so, please let
20 > me know how!
21 >
22 > However, I tried this modem with a livecd (Fedora) and it worked with
23 > the networkmanager, easy as pie!!... Is there any way to get that config
24 > (or drivers) to make it work in my gentoo box?
25 >
26 > Regards,
27 > Carlos Sura.
28 >