From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev rules
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 18:13:06
1 On Sunday 30 Sep 2012 17:47:45 David Relson wrote:
2 > On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 10:58:42 -0500
3 >
4 > Dale wrote:
5 > > David Relson wrote:
6 > > > Good morning!
7 > > >
8 > > > I have a Rosewill 75 in 1 card reader with slots for USB, SATA, SD,
9 > > > microSD, etc. udev recognizes USB devices and mounts them
10 > > > as /media/<whatever>.
11 > > >
12 > > > However, when SD and microSD cards are inserted, /var/log/messages
13 > > > doesn't report anything and the cards aren't mounted.
14 > > >
15 > > > Any suggestions where to look? what to fix?
16 > > >
17 > > > I'm running kernel 3.2.11 on an AMD64 with udev-171.
18 > > >
19 > > > Here's a link to the card reader
20 > > > http://rosewill.com/products/1610/ProductDetail_Overview.htm
21 > > >
22 > > > Regards,
23 > > >
24 > > > David
25 > >
26 > > Have you tried those cards on a different system to see if they work?
27 > > If they do, then the reader may be bad. May want to look for dust but
28 > > if it is new, surely not. ;-) Packing peanut maybe? o_O
29 > >
30 > > I have bought a couple thinks made by Rosewill. Neither of them
31 > > worked for long. I sent one back for repair/replacement and got a
32 > > new one with about the same problem. I didn't send it back again
33 > > because it wasn't worth shipping back again plus I was expecting it
34 > > to work at least for a little while. It lasted overnight My new
35 > > policy, don't buy Rosewill products. They may work fine for someone
36 > > else but they don't for me.
37 > >
38 > > Dale
39 >
40 > Actually what I've got is a SanDisk 16GB microSD with an SD adapter.
41 > Using my wife's windoze laptop, the SD/microSD combo works fine.
42 >
43 > My initial use of the card is for Ubuntu linux for a MK802+ mini-pc.
44 > The MK802+ boots Android off its internal storage or Ubuntu off of the
45 > microSD. So, yes, the card appears to work.
46 >
47 > David
48
49 Have you enabled the necessary drivers in your kernel?
50
51 Boot off a live CD that detects the USB controller and your MicroSD drive and
52 then check what kernel drivers are being used. When you boot back into Gentoo
53 you can enable the same and roll a new kernel.
54 --
55 Regards,
56 Mick