From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde-base/pykde4-4.4.5-r1 fails to install
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 22:07:22
1 On Wednesday 20 April 2011 07:48:59 Dale wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 > > I just installed python 7 on an x86 box. I switched to it and now
4 > > running revdep-rebuild which is asking for a number of packages to be
5 > > reinstalled. It fails on kde-base/pykde4-4.4.5-r1:
6
7 > Did you run python-updater? If so, you may want to look at this bug:
8 >
9 > http://bugs.gentoo.org/265984
10 >
11 > It is a different version but appears to be the same problem. It, at a
12 > quick glance, appears sip needs to be re-emerged first.
13 >
14 > Hope one of those helps. If not, maybe someone else will have better
15 > ideas.
16
17 Thanks Dale! The suggestion in the bug fixed it nicely. :-)
18
19 I am sure I did run python-updater, *however* I completed emerging pykde and
20 then run it again - 142 packages or something similarly large then emerged.
21
22 I unmerged python-2.6 and then run python-updater again, only 3 packages came
23 up this time.
24 --
25 Regards,
26 Mick