From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2.6.19-r1 won't boot - arcmsr?
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 18:19:14
1 On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 00:46:02 +1100, Dave Oxley wrote:
2
3 > I have a Dell server that runs Gentoo. I have been running kernel
4 > 2.6.18-r3 with the third party arcmsr add on driver without any
5 > problems. I have tried to upgrade to 2.6.19-r1 with the kernels inbuild
6 > arcmsr driver but I cannot get it to boot. It says that it cannot find
7 > the root fs on sdc3. I don't know whether its the onboard ICH5 SATA or
8 > the ARCMSR controller that it cannot find.
9
10 The SATA config moved for 2.6.19, making it possible to turn off all SATA
11 support with make oldconfig (I found this out the hard way). SATA config
12 is now set in
13
14 Device Drivers
15 Serial ATA (prod) and Parallel ATA (experimental) drivers
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.