From: "Nelson
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Re: [kernel 2.6.19-r4] DVD Drive extremely slow
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 11:45:50
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Mikko Husari [mailto:husku@×××××.net]
3 > Sent: 05 February 2007 11:26
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [kernel 2.6.19-r4] DVD Drive extremely
6 > slow
7 >
8 > what about udma/dma and bios settings?
9 > --
10 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
14 Good point. Time to crack open hdparm maybe? Although dmesg did say the drive was using UDMA/33 but I'm not sure if that means Linux is actually using DMA for the drive or if thats just what the BIOS has it set at.
15
16 I'd maybe check IDE cables as well btw. I had a bad IDE cable once cause some fun problems with a hard disk.
20 djn
21
22 I do not represent anyone else in emails I send to this list.
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list