From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Udev update and persistent net rules changes
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 20:21:40
1 On Fri, Apr 05, 2013 at 02:58:02PM -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > I'd still like to know why the contents of my current rules file differs
3 > so much from the examples I've seen... ie, the two extra items that are
4 > in mine ('DRIVERS==' and 'KERNEL=='), and the missing one
5 > ('ACTION==')... and whether or not I should include these if I decide to
6 > go with my own rules file...
7
8 The first thing I would do if I were you is to test with one of the
9 examples (keeping my rules file somewhere as a backup), and if that
10 test works, I would go with it.
11
12 ACTION== is needed, but you may be able to get away without DRIVERS==
13 and KERNEL==.
14
15 William