From: Paul Ezvan <paul@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo handbook
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 08:42:10
1 Le lundi 12 octobre 2020, 08:47:02 CEST Jude DaShiell a écrit :
2
3 >Didn't read about any of this in the handbook, probably some material on
4 >inside menuconfig might be where this stuff could go.
5
6 One option would be to avoid the menuconfig step entirely, by following any of
7 the kernel configuration alternative listed in the handbook.
8
9 I usually use the genkernel alternative which doesn't require to configure the
10 kernel. On my last install I tried the distribution kernel alternative, which
11 also went pretty smoothly.
12
13 Menuconfig is probably one of the trickiest step of the installation process,
14 so you'd save a lot of potential headaches by following one of the
15 alternatives.
16
17 Paul