From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] File extensions in Kmail attachments
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 09:10:10
1 On Thursday 31 May 2007 21:39, Vladimir Rusinov wrote:
2 > On 5/31/07, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I noticed that when I open an attachment from within Kmail it adds odd
4 > > extensions to the file, which are retained when I later on try to save it
5 > > on
6 > > the disk; e.g. a spreadsheet opened with OOo is shown as: "Notes from
7 > > yesterdays mtg.xls_[yQHODa]".
8 > >
9 > > Furthermore, when I click on SaveAs in OOo it automatically opens the
10 > > directory /tmp/kde-michael/ as opposed to /home/michael. Would you
11 > > perhaps
12 > > know how I could fix this?
13 >
14 > I think, you cat fix this only via patching sources. When you open mail
15 > attachment, KMail extracts it from message body and saves it to tmp dir in
16 > order to other apps can open it.
17
18 Sure, but unless I am mistaken I recall that in the past it would strip
19 the /tmp extension from the file name when asked where to save it, after it
20 has been opened using another application like e.g. OpenOffice.
21 --
22 Regards,
23 Mick