From: Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woitok@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, nunojsilva@×××××××.pt, edwardmgibson01@×××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: error trying to mount Samsung: Galaxy android models (MTP)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 14:53:53
1 Edward and Nuno,
2
3 On Sunday, 2020-11-22 11:35:16 +0000, Nuno Silva wrote:
4
5 > ...
6 > I think with MTP there can be issues owing to implementation details -
7 > some phones will have trouble with some MTP tools.
8 >
9 > If you can, please try sys-fs/jmtpfs.
10
11 Hmm, according to
12
13 https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/sys-fs/jmtpfs
14
15 this package looks rather unmaintained, last changed in November 2013.
16 There are also
17
18 https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/sys-fs/mtpfs
19
20 which doesn't look much better, maintenance-wise, and
21
22 https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/sys-fs/simple-mtpfs
23
24 which at least seems maintained. There are quite a few other packages
25 listed at
26
27 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/MTP
28
29 where it's also mentioned that Thunar can connect to MTP file systems
30 using the "xfce-extra/thunar-volman" package.
31
32 Personally I haven't yet used any of these because I'm quite satisfied
33 using "adb" from package "dev-util/android-tools".
34
35 Sincerely,
36 Rainer