From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] konqueror:5 - why couldn't it be more like konqueror:3 ?!!
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 12:52:21
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 19 Apr 2017 19:14:10 Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> 170419 Alan McKinnon wrote:
4 >>> I gave up on konqueror as a browser during KDE-3 and switched to Dolphin
5 >>> as file manager in KDE-4. Have you considered that?
6 >> I've never used Konqueror as a file-manager, but regularly use Krusader,
7 >> which I strongly recommend for all heavy-lifting of files/directories.
8 > Thanks Philip, I had used Krusader in the past and you encouraged me to give
9 > it another spin. Icons for menus still don't show up and no matter what I
10 > select under Panels/Selection Mode, it still requires double click to open
11 > files or directories. Plus it has no side panel for switching fast to other
12 > places, remote servers, et al.
13 >
14 > I am probably missing some specific Plasma packages to control all this, which
15 > my selective installation of meta packages hasn't dragged in (yet).
16
17 It did the same when I peeked in on it too. For me, this worked.
18 Settings, Configure Krusader, Panels, Selection Mode. The check Obey
19 KDE's Global Selection Policy.
20
21 It's not a easy setting to find when you go blindly looking for it. If
22 like me you have KDE set to single click, a single click should open
23 things up.
24
25 By the way, I stopped using Konqueror a while back. It just seems so
26 broken compared to what it used to be.
27
28 Hope that helps.
29
30 Dale