From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Overclocking CPU causes segmentation fault
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 09:17:20
1 On 01/22/2013 08:41:14 AM, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
2 > So I have this old E2180 processor and no money as of now to buy a new
3 > rig :P
4 > I'm trying to overclock my CPU using BIOS host clock control and
5 > everything is fine at 2.6 Ghz up to bootloader.
6 >
7 > Kernel segfaults. Any idea why? I'm running pf-kernel 3.7.2 and it
8 > doesn't work with vanilla kernel either.
9 >
10 > Intel MCE is disabled in kernel configuration.
11 >
12 Most probably you get memory errors. Try to run memtest which doesn't
13 need a running system.
14
15 Helmut.