From: cypherstrong <cypherstrong@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kdm 4 won t start kde, AGP seems to be off on kdm-4.0 only
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:51:35
1 Ok I have found why kdm-4.0 don't work
2
3 They doesn't support seamless login over pam even with nullpassword and
4 nopassword activated !!!
5 I use pamusb with a key, and login won't done without password sets ...
6 I will ask to kde team why ...
7
8 I have look in kdm.log and I have found another problem
9
10 (II) Module already built-in
11 (II) Module already built-in
12 (II) Module already built-in
13 (EE) VIA(0): [drm] drmAgpAcquire failed 19
14 expected keysym, got XF86KbdLightOnOff: line 70 of pc
15 expected keysym, got XF86KbdBrightnessDown: line 71 of pc
16 expected keysym, got XF86KbdBrightnessUp: line 72 of pc
17 The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
18 > Warning: Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2 symbols
19 > Ignoring extra symbols
20 Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
21
22 VIA(0) drmAgepAcquire failed
23
24 The result is the same between kdm-3.5 and kdm-4.0 except on display speed
25
26 If I use kdm-4.0, the screen display is really slow, I really think agp
27 is totally disabled, and everything take long time to be show even if I
28 use kde-4.0 or kde-3.5 session
29
30 Now I have try the same on kdm-3.5, speed is good on kde-4.0 or kde-3.5,
31 I think agp is good on it
32
33 I have look in Xorg.0.log, dri and agp are well activated
34
35 What happen ? Did I miss a use option ?
36
37 opengl and dri are totally activated on my use,
38
39 perhaps I have to try another drivers for via unichrome ?
40
41 In kernel, I have disabled AGP for VIA (because i think it's not a via
42 unichrome drivers), and activate DRI for VIA (it's a via unichrome dri
43 drivers)
44
45 with or without AGP for VIA in kernel, I have the same message on all
46 log, so ...
47
48 Did you have an idea ?
49
50 Dale a écrit :
51 > cypherstrong wrote:
52 >> Thanks ! I don't know why I haven't found this file before ...
53 >>
54 >> Dale a écrit :
55 >>
56 >>> Strong Cypher wrote:
57 >>>
58 >>>> hi, i have install kde 3 and 4. when i set kdm 4 to be defaut xdm to
59 >>>> launch, they won t start nor kde 3 and 4 sessions. any idea where can
60 >>>> i find the log that describe the error? the xsession-error doesn t
61 >>>> show anything
62 >>>> thanks
63 >>>>
64 >>> I would look in /var/log/kdm.log. See if anything nasty is in there.
65 >>>
66 >>> Dale
67 >>>
69 >>>
75 > Your welcome. Most logs are in there. Names depend on what logger
76 > you use but they are there. Sometimes they help, sometimes they
77 > confuse you more. Sounds like the man pages don't it?
78 >
79 > Dale
80 >