From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] .config file for gentoo guest on vmware workstation 7.1.4
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 07:03:58
2 > I had a working .config. Unfortunately, I left it at office.
3 >
4 > The main 'trap' usually would be the SCSI Driver.
5 >
6 > If you're using PVSCSI, go into SCSI & RAID, then SCSI Low Level
7 > Driver, then select VMware PVSCSI as built-in, not module.
10 Do you know which one workstation uses? AFAICT there's no option to choose
11 which controller is presented to the guest.
14 > If you're using LSI Logic, select Fusion MPT instead.
17 I think i have them both configured.
20 > Don't forget to emerge grub and edit /boot/grub/menu.lst
23 Yep, that's done.
24
25 Thanks.