From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard to find netiquette, enculturation bug. (Was: Re: [gentoo-user] GNOME: Cant logout and Lock Screen is showing different background from GNOME screensaver)
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 06:32:52
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard to find netiquette, enculturation bug. (Was: Re: [gentoo-user] GNOME: Cant logout and Lock Screen is showing different background from GNOME screensaver) by Willie Wong
1 Willie Wong wrote:
2 > On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 10:39:30PM -0600, Penguin Lover Dale squawked:
3 >
4 >> Well, just do this. *list netiquette* If I recall correctly, if the
5 >> person is set up to get html, that will be in bold. If it is text only
6 >> then they just see the *'s. I have noticed in the past that mine has
7 >> done this so I guess some other clients would too. Maybe I am just
8 >> unique. ;-)
9 >>
10 >> Sweet huh? lol I'm sure there are other ways to do this to tho. More
11 >> than one way to skin a cat in this situation. All the gurus around here
12 >> should be able to come up with something.
15 > On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 11:05:58PM -0600, Penguin Lover Steven Susbauer squawked:
16 >
17 >> Some mail readers convert *asterisks* as bold statements. I believe it
18 >> is the generally accepted way to make a section stand out when dealing
19 >> with plain text.
22 > Ah. Yes, slrn does that also for newsgroups. I've always thought of
23 > that as 'emphasis' and not 'bold', probably because I see it more
24 > often printed with the asterisks then as bold text. So my apologies
25 > that Dale's reference was lost on me.
26 >
27 > However, this begs the question: on such a mail reader, if I write:
28 >
29 > rm -rf *.*
30 >
31 > does it show up just as 'rm -rf <one extra dark dot>'? ;)
32 >
33 > W
36 No apologies needed here. You have any idea how many times I have
37 forgot something someone just told me, like two seconds ago. O_O LOL
38 Was sweet tho huh? I finally came up with something worth reading. Can
39 I have two cents back now? I need them, badly.
40
41 Dale
42