From: Abraham MarE Prez <abraham@×××××××××.es>
To: Pupeno <pupeno@××××××.com>, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ebuild for eggs.
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 08:48:14
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm not an expert in ebuilds' issues, but /usr/portage/distfiles
4 (or whichever else one chooses for his/her own system) is availabe
5 through the variable DISTDIR (or is it DISTFILES? can't remember which
6 one exactly is and don't have gentoo available here). Hence, that
7 "/usr/portage/distfiles/${A}" can be modified to "${DISDIR}/${A}",
8 that is more readable and portable.
9
10 HTH,
11 Abraham
12
13 > Hello,
14 > I am making an ebuild for an egg[1], an egg is an extension to a
15 scheme system
16 > called chicken[2]. Ultimatelly this would be an eclass to make
17 ebuild for all
18 > the eggs.
19 > Chicken comes with a tool called chicken-setup that downloads, unpacks,
20 > compiles and installs an egg.
21 > With a couple of switches I managed to make an ebuild for the mysql
22 egg. But
23 > there are some things that I don't like, like "cp
24 /usr/portage/distfiles/${A}
25 > ${S}" and there might be other things that can be improved.
26 > Can you please take a look at it and give me some feedback ?
27 > Thank you.
28 > --
29 > Pupeno <pupeno@××××××.com> (http://pupeno.com)
30 >
31 > [1] http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/eggs
32 > [2] http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/
38 ************************************************
39 Abraham Marin
40
41 Estudiante de Ingenieria Informatica en UV
42
43 Usuario registrado de Linux #330673
44
45 "Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a matter of
46 life and death", EDW 1298
53 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list