From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Frontier ADSL modem and IP address
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 23:42:30
1 Grant Taylor wrote:
2 > On 12/30/19 1:04 PM, Dale wrote:
3 >> Is there a way to find the IP for this thing?
4 >
5 > Try running a network sniffer as you reboot it.
6 >
7 > Most pieces of network equipment will send out some sort of broadcast
8 > requests that will give some hint as to how they are configured.  At
9 > least what subnet they are in.
15 I'm installing wireshark now.  I'm starting to suspect this thing is
16 broke somehow.  It is used but it may have set up unused for a while
17 before I bought it.  Once wireshark compiles, I'll try it.  I'll also
18 try anything else others come up with as well.
19
20 Thanks.
21
22 Dale