From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mouse Pad & X11
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 19:26:59
1 On Sat, 2013-04-06 at 19:49 +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > For scrolling one has to move ONE finger on the right edge of the
3 > pad.
4 >
5 > And it scrolls!
6 >
7 > BUT unfortunately the scrollevents ALWAYS reach the taskbar and I am
8 > warped through my desktops regardless of the focus a certain windows
9 > has.
10 >
11 > This even happens, when the cursor and the focus is on the window
12 > of xev, with which I tried to catch the even.
13 >
14 > How can I "channelize" the events to the focussed window?
15
16 This is very unexpected behavior. I'd be very surprised if the hardware
17 is capable of causing this behavior, unless it is somehow sending a set
18 of keyboard shortcuts that correspond to switching desktops.
19
20 I'd bet that if you are having that problem, a normal mouse's
21 scrollwheel would cause the exact same problem. Do you have a normal USB
22 mouse that you can try that with?
23
24 If the problem happens with a USB mouse as well, I'd guess that
25 something is configured strangely in your desktop environment's
26 settings. If the USB mouse behaves normally, I guess something must be
27 really weird about that touchpad, but I'm not sure what it would be.
30 R