From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Backing up KDE config files
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 08:06:03
1 Am Tue, Apr 05, 2022 at 09:02:46PM -0500 schrieb Dale:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > What I'm not sure about is KDE config files.  I googled and found out some
5 > I was pretty sure of already.  Examples, .config, .local, and .kde4 but
6 > there could be others that need to be backed up as well.  Anyone know if
7 > that is all of them or am I missing some?
8
9 I guess it depends on the applications you use. I think the directories you
10 mentioned have all you need. I looked at my laptop, whose user directory
11 harkens back to 2016. I still have ~/.kde (without any files) and ~/.kde4,
12 but the only files in there that are newer than at least 9 months is
13 .kde4/share/config/kdeglobals (modified 1 week ago, I probably changed some
14 keyboard shortcuts) and theme files from Breeze inside
15 .kde4/share/apps/color-schemes/.
16
17 Look for yourself:
18 > find ~/.kde ~/.kde4 -mtime -180
19 will tell you which files in there are newer than 180 days. Modify
20 parameters to your liking.
23 Grüße | Greetings | Salut | Qapla’
24 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
25
26 Please don’t confuse me with facts, my mind is set.