From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless Issue
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 11:23:20
1 On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 10:43 +0100, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > > I don't know if it matters, but I am using wireless-extensions as
3 > > opposed to wpa-supplicant because it doesn't seem that
4 > wpa-supplicant
5 > > supports the Intel 3945 wireless adaptor.
6 >
7 > IWL3945 and wpa_supplicant are working just fine over here. My only
8 > difference
9 > is that I’ve built it as a module.
10
11 It should be build as a module because the driver needs access to
12 external firmware, and unless you are using an initrd with the external
13 firmware built into it, you're best of with a module.
14
15 FWIW, I've also been using the iwl3945 for as long as I can remember and
16 haven't had any issues.
17
18 -a