From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 'emerge -avDuN world' doesn't find everything
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 21:13:12
1 On Wednesday 04 February 2009 23:02:38 Grant wrote:
2 > I think I've gotten to the bottom of my boost problem.  I have
3 > rb_libtorrent installed which requires >=dev-libs/boost-1.35, meaning
4 > boost needs to be in package.keywords.  If I remove boost from
5 > package.keywords, should portage tell me there is a problem?  I like
6 > the idea of being able to edit package.keywords and know that portage
7 > will either upgrade/downgrade based on the changes, or tell me if
8 > there is a depended-on package installed which doesn't have the
9 > necessary package.keywords entry.
10
11 Portage should throw a blocker in that case if boost needs to be rebuilt. You
12 have one package that requires keywording, but you don't have a keyword. I'm
13 not sure offhand what portage will do if you run 'emerge -uND world' and
14 boost does not require rebuilding, but I *think* it will simply leave it
15 alone. OTOH, I don't have an easy way to create scenario to test this right
16 now.
19 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com