From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] udev problems after rather major emerge update
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:23:10
1 Hello,
2 I've got a couple of older Pundit-R machines that we use as MythTV
3 frontend machines around the house. I was trying to get ready to do an
4 update on MythTV so I started working on both machines. In the process
5 I updated a lot of the basic system stuff on both machines but only
6 got udev updated on one box before I noticed a problem on that
7 machine. When booting it now scrolls a bunch of messages past very
8 early on about devices having failed. udev shows up in the lines so
9 I'm assuming it is a udev problem. Myth14 is failing:
10
11 myth14 ~ # eix -Ic udev
12 [I] sys-fs/udev (087): Linux dynamic and persistent device naming
13 support (aka userspace devfs)
14
15 Found 1 matches
16 myth14 ~ #
17
18 Myth12 is still working:
19
20 myth12 ~ # eix -Ic udev
21 [ I] sys-fs/udev (056): Linux dynamic and persistent device naming
22 support (aka userspace devfs)
23
24 Found 1 matches
25 myth12 ~ #
26
27 Where would I start looking for what's going wrong? There doesn't
28 seem to be any log file that holds boot time messages so I cannot
29 paste there here. Is there an app I can load that will save the
30 messages somewhere? Are they already saved somewhere that I haven't
31 found yet?
32
33 Thanks,
34 Mark