From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Recommendations for scheduler
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 18:17:35
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > New job, new environment. Existing persons suffer from
5 > 5-year-old-with-a-hammer syndrome and assume cron is the solution to all
6 > ills. Result: a towering edifice of cron jobs that may or may not
7 > clobber each other's work, may or may not work at all, and implement no
8 > error handling at all. But my god, can they spew out mail from STOUT
9
10 Sounds like a department full of computer scientist I inherited a few
11 decades ago...........
12
13 I know nothing bout chronos, but I find it an interesting read....ymmv.
16 http://nerds.airbnb.com/introducing-chronos/
17 http://airbnb.github.io/chronos/
18 https://github.com/airbnb/chronos
21 cheers mate!