From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fresh install fetches old kernel?
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:56:46
1 Are you using a popular, common portage mirror or a custom or rarely used
2 portage mirror? It's possible, though not likely, the portage mirror you're
3 using is a very old, rarely updated mirror (read: 6 months, I just recently
4 upgraded my 2.6.11-r6 kernel to the newest, 2.6.13-r3 kernel). do an emerge
5 --search gentoo-sources. I assume you're using or attempting to use the
6 gentoo-sources because you make no mention of the kernel variant. If you
7 indeed to sync with an up-to-date portage mirror, your search results should
8 return something similar to this:
9
10 [ Results for search key : gentoo-sources ]
11 [ Applications found : 1 ]
12
13 * sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
14 Latest version available: 2.6.13-r3
15 Latest version installed: 2.6.13-r3
16 Size of downloaded files: 37,672 kB
17 Homepage: http://dev.gentoo.org/~dsd/genpatches
19 tree
20 License: GPL-2
23 Latest version installed, however, will probably be different. I would also
24 try emerging the sources manually by specifying the version: emerge -pv
25 =sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.13-r3
26 And see what happens. if it gives you an error saying there are no ebuilds
27 to satisfy your request, then you have an out-of-date portage sync.
28