From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] System maintenance procedure?
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2012 23:28:33
1 Grant wrote:
2 > > > I think you're right about that. Can I configure eclean to wait a
3 > > > certain number of days since a package was removed before cleaning it?
4 > > > Even if I only run it once per week, it could remove a package that
5 > > > was updated yesterday that I find out I need tomorrow.
6 > > >
7 > > > - Grant
10 > > -t, --time-limit=<time> don't delete files modified since <time>
11 > > <time> is an amount of time: "1y" is "one year", "2w" is "two
12 > weeks", etc.
13 > > Units are: y (years), m (months), w (weeks), d (days) and h (hours).
14 >
15 > I just realized that --time-limit doesn't look like it takes into
16 > consideration when a package was removed from the system, only when it
17 > was installed. Does anyone know how eclean behaves as far as leaving
18 > packages behind for a while in case they're needed?
19 >
20 > - Grant
21
22 It's been a while but it used to keep the packages as long as they are
23 in the tree when using the default setting, in other words, no option is
24 given. To me, that can be a really long time for some packages. When I
25 say 'they', I mean a ebuild exists for that version.
26
27 As I said, that was a while ago but I don't recall seeing anything that
28 it has changed either. If that is wrong, someone please correct.
29
30 Dale
31
35 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!