From: Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Panic at boot time after update kernel to 2.6.20-r8.
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 06:15:56
1 Graham Murray wrote:
2 > According to the Linux sata site
3 > (http://linux-ata.org/driver-status.html) the AHCI driver supports all
4 > the SATA features such as NCQ (Native Command Queueing) and hotplug but
5 > the PIIX module does not support these.
8 I've been running the PIIX driver for quite some time and everything
9 appears to work OK so it hadn't occurred to me to go looking at other
10 drivers. ;) Maybe I should take a closer look at AHCI - especially as it
11 seems Intel are listed as a sponsor, so it must have their approval. :)
14 Be lucky,
15
16 Neil
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list