From: Peter Wu <peterwu@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Creating a LFS system with Portage
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 01:11:39
1 On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 18:50:08 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > On Monday 18 September 2006 17:05, Alon Keren wrote:
4 >
5 >> Please CC me your replies as I'm not subscribed to messages
6 >> from this list
7 >
8 > Nope. Asking that is exceptionally rude. I wade through 200+
9 > messages per day looking for places I can assist others. The
10 > least you can do is subscribe to the list like everyone else
11 > (and how did you manage to post without a subscription?), and
12 > download the same looking for replies to your question.
13 > Besides, the answers you get might help someone else.
14
15 I guess Alon subscribed to the gentoo-user list as a "nomail"
16 subscriber and read the messages via some news-mail gateway, such as
17 GMane.
18
19 According to http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml, one can subscribe
20 to the "nomail" option of each list: