From: Matthew Finkel <matthew.finkel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's the status of ht://Dig?
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 07:34:05
1 On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 11:02 PM, Peter Humphrey
2 <peter@××××××××××××××.org>wrote:
3
4 > Hello list,
5 >
6 > I'd like to add a search facility to my choir's website, and a likely-
7 > looking candidate is ht://Dig, but its News dates from seven years ago.
8 > Does
9 > this mean it's dead or absolutely stable?
10 >
11 > If this isn't a runner, does the team wish to offer an alternative? I have
12 > over 100 pages in this site, and I'm sure a visitor would like to be able
14 > search for a particular member, song, venue etc.
15 >
16 > --
17 > Rgds
18 > Peter Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23
21 Browsing through the page, the project looks pretty dead which seems strange
22 considering how many contributors it had.
23
24 As such, I've never used it but Hyper Estraier[0] may do what you want, as
25 well. There are probably others out there. There's also always the Google
26 option.
27
28 [0] http://fallabs.com/hyperestraier/
29