From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Fake IMAP -> Real IMAP
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 02:56:02
1 On 2008-02-12, Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx> wrote:
2
3 >> I've been waiting and waiting and waiting forever for DSL to
4 >> come to my neighborhood just so that I can switch to a decent
5 >> provider and rid myself of this nonsense.
6 >
7 > Don't assume DSL will be better. They often block ports too
8 > (as you said, it's well within their service agreement to do
9 > so, but I still think it sucks).
10
11 At least 'round here you have far more ISP choices with DSL.
12 With cable all you get is a choice between 2-3 of the national
13 "send us your money and shut up" ISPs. With DSL you can pick
14 from at least a dozen and a couple of them are top notch local
15 firms run by geeks for geeks.
18 Grant Edwards grante Yow! ... I don't like
19 at FRANK SINATRA or his
20 visi.com CHILDREN.
23 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list